Monday, September 8, 2008

Elections, elections, elections

So, I guess I should go through the results of the other elections before I collapse into sleep...

First the postal ballots for GPEx... (turnout 34.7%)

Chair...

Jim Killock 914
James Humphreys 1,592
RON 34

Equality and Diversity...

Shahrar Ali 579
Maya De Souza 1,547
Linda Duckenfield and Lyndsay McAteer 396
RON 27

External Communications...

Tracy Dighton-Brown 1975
Richard Eden 505
RON 54

And the other election result I have to hand... SOC!

There are five posts for this rather important internal committee that essentially overseas much of the democratic process of the party. There were nine candidates of whom four were elected before RON kicked in.

The four were Payam Torobi, Mark Hill, Pippa Lane and Jim Jepps - which means only one of the previous five has continued into this year - and he has to step down in Spring unfortunately as he will then have been on the committee for three years.

2 comments:

Lyndsay Mc said...

Hey Jim, my name is Lyndsay McAteer and not umm...

Jim Jepps said...

Thanks Lyndsay! I was trying to find referance to you online but the party website's been updated and I've recycled my cnadidates' manifesto thing...

I'll update the post.